South Africa’s Solar Pioneers
Established in 1994 during South Africa’s first democratic election, SunTank is the country’s leading solar water heating company. Our solar geyser systems, 100% manufactured in Pretoria, are tailored to endure the challenging regional climate. Being local enables us to provide customers with the most compelling solar geyser packages.
SunTank is committed to proving that our locally sourced materials and expertise result in superior solar geysers exceeding SABS Standards. We pride ourselves on being the region’s preferred solar water heating solution, surpassing foreign-imported technologies.
Complete solar geyser systems
The SunTank factory in Pretoria is the most technologically advance speciality facility in South Africa for making entire complete solar geyser systems.
SunTank Solar Tanks – World Leadership in Stainless Steel Fabrication
Since the turn of the century, our engineering and production teams have mastered the craft of fabricating geysers that last longer and perform better. These are some of the technologies and techniques pioneered by SunTank:
- The use of Stainless-steel 441, Grade 1.4509 for manufacturing of solar geysers. This grade of Stainless-steel was developed in South Africa specially to handle extreme heat and pressure. Making solar geysers with this metal prevents corrosion problems often experienced in geysers made from mild steel.
- A world-first is SunTank’s Double-weld system. This unique manufacturing technique employs state of the art welding systems that enable external and internal welds to deliver a pressure cylinder unmatched in strength and longevity.
- The SunTank Indirect solar geysers with the Double-jacket heat exchanger are carefully designed and accurately manufactured for superior heat transfer performance and durability like no other.
- SunTank’s post-fabrication weld treatment system was developed over the years using the wealth of experience accumulated. Our engineers are a leading authority in the field of Stainless-Steel treatment to ensure long term performance and functional longevity.
SunTank Solar Panel Collectors – Cost efficient and Long Lasting
The SunTank flat-plate solar collectors optimise the cost efficiency of this technology with the toughness and ruggedness demanded by the extreme working conditions presented by the South African climate. These are the main features of the SunTank collector panels:
- SunTank’s solar thermal absorber panel technology is made up of a copper pipe manifold with headers and rises. In a unique technology developed in-house, an ultra-thin copper fin is soldered onto the manifold and blackened on its one side.
- The manifold is housed in an innovative Roll-formed lightweight aluminium frame that contributes to the technical superiority of the SunTank solar panel. The panel casing is injection-moulded with Polyurethane for insulation and strength and is unaffected by time, UV radiation or humidity.
- The collector is covered with a tempered solar glass sheet that offers a combination of protection with best radiation transmission technology.
SunTank also makes Stainless-steel stands, frames and brackets for its solar geyser systems for pitch roofs and flat roof installations.
All the main components of the solar system; tanks, panels and stands carry a 10-years Warranty and are designed to last much longer after that.
Products and Specs
Stainless steel solar geyse
SunTank – Products
The SunTank solar geysers are the finest made in South Africa. The technology is based on international best-practice and adopted for the unique climate conditions of the country and the region. Tanks are made of Stainless steel and the panels are copper and aluminium.
Solar Tanks Built to Last
The SunTank stainless steel solar geyser are made Indirect and Direct, each range come in sizes of 100, 150, 200, 300 and 400 litres, horizontal and vertical.
All solar geysers supplied to frost-prone areas are the Indirect type which comes with a double-jacket heat exchanger. This technology enables the panels that are filled with antifreeze glycol fluid to transfer the sun’s heat to the water in the pressure cylinder, in the most efficient way.
Solar Panels Efficient and Long-lasting – the ‘working’ horse’ of solar heating
The SunTank flat-plate solar collectors panels are based on the most widely tried & tested solar heating technology around the world. The reason for that is that the flat-plate panel is cost-efficient and effective for 10, 20 years and beyond.